Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dirty Jobs





I have been waiting to post this for so long. Our computer caught a virus and was out of commission for awhile, but now it's up and running.

For all of you that received a phone call from me saying that Dade, Tayen, and myself met Mike Rowe, you can all now believe me. Working at the Olive Mill, can have its perks after all. I had known for awhile that they were going to filming Dirty Jobs, but couldn't let myself believe it until it was a go. I didn't work that day, but stopped in to see how the filming was going, I was told to come back and they would let all employees in the restaurant after filming was done with.

Around 5:30 we stopped back by on our way to Dade's grade recognition for football. The boys waited in anticipation as the filming crew started coming through the door. Eyes getting bigger, breathing getting faster, and feet bouncing up and down at a record pace. Then all of a sudden, he walked through the door. Yes! It was him, Mike "holy crap" Rowe.

Talk about being star struck. He worked his way around the room and ended up sitting with Dade and Tayen discussing how they got their awesome names and shooting the breeze.

What a fantastic experience! Hopefully there will be more to come.
*If you look close at the pics, you can see how excited Dade was!

1 comment:

Chelsea and Glen said...

That is so awesome!! I am so jealous! I wish I were Mike Rowe so I could see Dade and Tayen!