Friday, August 8, 2008

Tackle Football





Dade started tackle football the same day that he started school. I couldn't believe what I saw when I took him to the field. Imagine it. I walked him onto the field and see a bunch of 7-9 year olds, 3 coaches, and 2 gear guys. I figured that I would stay for a bit that first day, just to see what it was like. HOLY CRAP! They work those boys like they are on a high school team. The practice goes from 6-8:30 and they do all the major drills. Dade is such a strong kid. I am so proud of him. He has dedication and motivation. For such a little body, he sure has a lot of willpower. He starts in full pads on Monday and can't wait. The games are going to be so much fun.

3 comments:

Mason said...

Awesome stuff, and nice songs too!

Chaz

J.ME said...

Miken,

Your kiddos are so dang cute! Good luck with football and school this year. It was great to see you in Vegas too. I'll keep checking in on you guys.

Take Care,
Jme

ps. don't worry about the water torpedo...we've got extras.

Candice said...

Hey Miken, I cant believe how big your boys are. I guess its been awhile since we have seen you. Looks like everything is going good. I am glad that I found your blog. I hope we can stay in touch. My blog is justthegordons.blogspot.com
Candice